LALIGA | GRANADA-REAL MADRID
Benzema: five consecutive games on the score sheet for Madrid
If the French striker finds his scoring boots in Andalusia, it will represent his best run in front of goal since joining Real Madrid.
For Karim Benzema this season has been more about goals than the assists that defined previous seasons. This term the Frenchman has clocked up 22 goals in 21 games and has scored in every game in 2016 (seven goals in five games), equalling his best goal-per-game ration since joining Los Blancos.
Today against Granada Benzema could beat his record of goals scored in consecutive games. The Madrid striker has scored 155 goals in 302 games for Madrid. Should he write his name on the score sheet this evening he will beat Amancio’s tally (155 goals), and will be tenth on the list of all-time goalscorers at the club. Butragueño is the next target with 171 goals.
Benzema currently has one of the best records in Europe and boasts the best goals-per-minute average in the five main European leagues. His current record is a goal every 69 minutes, a stat that only Ibrahimovic comes close to with a goal every 77 minutes (a total of 20 goals for PSG). The Madrid striker also has better numbers than Lewandowski, who averages a goal every 78 minutes from his 19 goals for Bayern this season. In Italy, Higuaín currently tops the Golden Shoe rankings with 23 goals, finding the net every 84 minutes, while in England Man City’s Kun Agüero has the best average (a goal every 95 minutes), despite an injury-ravaged season that sees him sixth on the list of top scorers in the Premier League.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game