LIGUE 1 | LUCAS SILVA
Midfielder Lucas Silva out in the cold at Marseille
The Brazilian was not included in the squad for l'OM's match-up with PSG, with president Vincent Labrune unhappy at his rejection of a move to Anderlecht.
With Marseille facing leaders Paris Saint-Germain in a glamour Ligue 1 clash on Sunday night, no place was found for midfielder Lucas Silva in coach Michel's 20-man matchday squad.
Silva, who is on loan at the Stade Velodrome from La Liga giants Real Madrid, is fit to play. But, according to beIN Sports, the French club opted to leave him on the sidelines.
The decision is said to have been taken by club president Vincent Labrune, with the l'OM chief allegedly extremely unhappy at the Brazilian's rejection of a January move to Belgians Anderlecht.
This week, Silva was also informed by Marseille that his name would no longer be on the team's list of players registered for this term's Europa League.
The 22-year-old has had a disappointing season at Marseille. After beginning the campaign as a starter alongside Lassana Diarra in the midfield, he has gradually lost his place in the side, with Alaixys Romao currently preferred.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness