Real Madrid taking no chances as Gareth Bale trains in gym
The Wales ace was exhausted by his exertions against Roma on Tuesday, and Los Blancos' medical staff opted not to take any risks with the player.
Following their Champions League victory over Roma, Real Madrid returned to training on Thursday as they began preparations for their weekend LaLiga clash with Las Palmas (Sunday, 20:30 CET).
And the most notable absentee from the session at Real's Valdebebas base was Gareth Bale. The Welshman, who returned from injury in Saturday's 7-1 league win over Celta Vigo before starting in Europe in midweek, did work in the gym with club phyios.
Bale, who was substituted after an hour against Roma, left the Bernabéu pitch feeling heavy fatigue and Los Blancos' medical team opted not to take any risks with the 26-year-old.
Also training indoors were Cristiano Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos and Marcelo.
Meanwhile, striker Karim Benzema continues his recovery from a hamstring issue, with the Frenchman not expected to be available to Real boss Zinedine Zidane until the Clásico at Barcelona on 2 April.
Castilla men Martin Odegaard, Borja Mayoral and Marcos Llorente went through their paces with the first-team group.
Te recomendamos en English
- Latest News CBS News confused about location of La Palma volcano
- GAMING PlayStation State of Play 27 October 2021: Times and how to watch and stream
- SOCCER | BAYERN MUNICH Bayern Munich: Lucas Hernandez avoids jail time
- NBA | NUGGETS Nuggets optimistic NBA MVP Jokic's knee injury is not serious
- NBA NBA round-up: Westbrook and Davis lead LeBron-less Lakers to OT win, Warriors stay unbeaten
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"