Real Madrid taking no chances as Gareth Bale trains in gym
The Wales ace was exhausted by his exertions against Roma on Tuesday, and Los Blancos' medical staff opted not to take any risks with the player.
Following their Champions League victory over Roma, Real Madrid returned to training on Thursday as they began preparations for their weekend LaLiga clash with Las Palmas (Sunday, 20:30 CET).
And the most notable absentee from the session at Real's Valdebebas base was Gareth Bale. The Welshman, who returned from injury in Saturday's 7-1 league win over Celta Vigo before starting in Europe in midweek, did work in the gym with club phyios.
Bale, who was substituted after an hour against Roma, left the Bernabéu pitch feeling heavy fatigue and Los Blancos' medical team opted not to take any risks with the 26-year-old.
Also training indoors were Cristiano Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos and Marcelo.
Meanwhile, striker Karim Benzema continues his recovery from a hamstring issue, with the Frenchman not expected to be available to Real boss Zinedine Zidane until the Clásico at Barcelona on 2 April.
Castilla men Martin Odegaard, Borja Mayoral and Marcos Llorente went through their paces with the first-team group.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United