ATLÉTICO - PSV
Cerezo replies to Arbeloa: "Maybe we'll meet next"
Atlético's presdient responded to Arbeloa's comments after the Las Palmas game: "If Atleti are knocked out by PSV, it'll be good news for the rest...".
Atlético de Madrid president Enrique Cerezo was interviewed by SER Deportivos ahead of this evening's Champions League Last 16 decider against PSV. Cerezo, who seemed optimistic about the Rojiblancos' chance of advancing to the next round, was asked about the comments made by Álvaro Arbeloa in the Mixed Zone after Sunday's game at Las Palmas, in which he said "Atlético are superior to PSV and it would be good news for everyone else if they got knocked out".
Cerezo, in typical fashion, gave a dry response to the madridista and fired a warning: "Arbeloa can say what he wants. We'll be going out to beat PSV and maybe we'll meet him in the quarter finals...".
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises