Thomas Müller’s stoppage time goal rescued Bayern Munich’s Champions League campaign in the Allianz Arena on Wednesday night, sending the game into extra time and the German champions into the quarterfinals. After the match, the Germany striker attended to the Sky Sports microphones and in his own inimitable style explained how Pep Guardiola had geared his side up to stage a dramatic second half comeback from two goals down to eventually claim the tie 4-2 on aggregate.
During the match, Bayern Munich legend Franz Beckenbauer said he imagined that Guardiola’s approach to his halftime team talk would be to “castrate them if they didn’t win” the game.
The reporters informed Müller of Der Kaiser’s prediction after the match and asked what Guardiola had said to his players during the break. “It was something down those lines,” Müller said. “He didn’t say he’d castrate us though; he said he’d cut our balls off.”
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Packers and Bears clash as Cardinals aim for six wins in a row
- NFL Eagles trade veteran TE Zach Ertz to unbeaten Cardinals
- LALIGA Ambitious Pedri wants to 'win everything every year' with Barça
- SOCCER European nations set to block FIFA World Cup plans regardless of vote
- NFL Which NBA teams have the highest salary cap in the 21-22 season?
- NBA | NETS Durant on Kyrie Irving situation: "What is being mad going to do?"