Thomas Müller’s stoppage time goal rescued Bayern Munich’s Champions League campaign in the Allianz Arena on Wednesday night, sending the game into extra time and the German champions into the quarterfinals. After the match, the Germany striker attended to the Sky Sports microphones and in his own inimitable style explained how Pep Guardiola had geared his side up to stage a dramatic second half comeback from two goals down to eventually claim the tie 4-2 on aggregate.
During the match, Bayern Munich legend Franz Beckenbauer said he imagined that Guardiola’s approach to his halftime team talk would be to “castrate them if they didn’t win” the game.
The reporters informed Müller of Der Kaiser’s prediction after the match and asked what Guardiola had said to his players during the break. “It was something down those lines,” Müller said. “He didn’t say he’d castrate us though; he said he’d cut our balls off.”
Recommended in English
- Champions League 2021/2022 Champions League Round of 16: all qualified teams
- Champions League When is the 2021/2022 Champions League Round of 16 draw taking place?
- NBA | WARRIORS Steph Curry eyeing Ray Allen's three-point record against Portland
- NBA | LAKERS LeBron James defends Lakers coach Frank Vogel
- SOCCER Barcelona €15 million away from Man City forward Ferran Torres
- NFL Will Ryan Fitzpatrick play again for the Washington Football Team?