Ecclestone sees Las Vegas as the perfect Monza replacement
Commerical chief Bernie can envisage his F1 circuit including 'Sin City' but possibly in place of one of the more historic and traditional countries, Italy.
Try your luck in one of the immense casinos where you can lose the concept of time; get married to someone you've just met by Elvis; enjoy the Circo del Sol in the shade; visit the Grand Canyon; or watch Formula 1??? In Las Vegas everything, as they say, is possible and this certainly appears to be the case for F1 chief executive, Bernie Ecclestone. The British business magnate has already pencilled in Nevada as a new venue for the cars and drivers. The downside to this...it would be at the expense of Monza.
Ecclestone was interviewed by the Daily Mail and made it quite clear that even though Italy was a country with one of the most loyal F1 fans and the home of Ferrari, it wasn't a fundamental part of the season. He compared it to the fact that there was no French GP.
So, with the Monza contract renewal a doubt, will we see this change happen soon? Place your bets.
Te recomendamos en English
- MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dead: updates, latest news and reactions
- Maradona How did Maradona die: cause of death of the Argentinean legend
- Coronavirus What are the possible side effects of the covid-19 vaccines?
- DIEGO MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dies at 60: football world pays tribute to Argentina great
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US News Black Friday: origin, history and why is called Black Friday?