Ecclestone sees Las Vegas as the perfect Monza replacement
Commerical chief Bernie can envisage his F1 circuit including 'Sin City' but possibly in place of one of the more historic and traditional countries, Italy.
Try your luck in one of the immense casinos where you can lose the concept of time; get married to someone you've just met by Elvis; enjoy the Circo del Sol in the shade; visit the Grand Canyon; or watch Formula 1??? In Las Vegas everything, as they say, is possible and this certainly appears to be the case for F1 chief executive, Bernie Ecclestone. The British business magnate has already pencilled in Nevada as a new venue for the cars and drivers. The downside to this...it would be at the expense of Monza.
Ecclestone was interviewed by the Daily Mail and made it quite clear that even though Italy was a country with one of the most loyal F1 fans and the home of Ferrari, it wasn't a fundamental part of the season. He compared it to the fact that there was no French GP.
So, with the Monza contract renewal a doubt, will we see this change happen soon? Place your bets.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setien admits he got a huge fright in Ibiza
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Gil Marín statement backing Simeone and calling for calm
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp says nothing 'inevitable' about Liverpool winning title
- LALIGA Valencia vs Barcelona: how and where to watch
- REAL SOCIEDAD Willian José: "Record it, record it...so you can tell your lies!"
- BUNDESLIGA Five goals in 57 minutes for Haaland at Borussia Dortmund