Mathieu out for 6 to 8 weeks after knee surgery
Barcelona confirmed this afternoon that the defender underwent an arthroscopy to trim meniscus in his right knee.
FC Barcelona confirmed this afternoon that Jérémy Mathieu has undergone surgery on a torn meniscus inside his right knee and will be out for between six and eight weeks - effectively ruling him out for the rest of the season. Specialist consultants Ramon Cugat and Ricard Pruna performed the operation. Mathieu picked up the injured whilst on duty with France in last night's game against Russia.
Recommended in English
- NBA Ricky enjoying the present: "It's not a cliché, it's a lifestyle"
- NFL Chiefs record 12th successive win over Broncos
- NFL What happened with Ravens' failed two-point conversion against the Steelers in Week 13
- NFL Patrick Mahomes on what the Kansas City Chiefs need
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Casemiro in no doubt that Mbappé is compatible with Vinicius
- MANCHESTER UNITED Chris Armas: who is the US coach set to join Manchester United?