Las Palmas livid with 'arrogant' Barça over Lemos approach
According to Canarias 7, Los Amarillos have ruled out doing any business with the Catalan outfit over defender Mauricio Lemos.
Barcelona are believed to be keen to sign Las Palmas defender Mauricio Lemos - but face resistance from his current employers, according to Canarias 7.
Lemos joined Las Palmas on an initial loan from Rubin Kazan in January, making 10 LaLiga appearances as Quique Setién's men clinched top-flight survival with an impressive 11th-place finish.
And the Canary Islanders announced in May that they had exercised a purchase option included in his temporary move to the club, handing him a five-year contract.
But amid Barça's apparent interest, Lemos has been quoted as declaring he feels 'proud' to be linked with the Spanish champions, with a bid of four million euros plus eight in add-ons reportedly tabled.
It is thought that the Camp Nou outfit's plan would be to send the Uruguayan out on loan to gain experience.
However, Canarias 7 says that Barça's offer was rejected as too low - and that Las Palmas are upset with the Catalans over the way they have conducted themselves.
Los Azulgranas' designs on the centre-back allegedly also led to attempts to hijack Las Palmas' ultimately successful efforts to tie Lemos down on a permanent deal.
The media outlet reports that a Las Palmas director has complained that Barça have 'acted in an arrogant manner', adding: "We're not going to let them walk all over us like that."
Such is Los Amarillos' indignation with Barcelona, claims Canarias 7, that they have decided to veto any attempts by the side to secure the 20-year-old's services.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Emma Raducanu "hungry" to improve after US Open win
- US NEWS What did Simone Biles say in her testimony to the FBI regarding Larry Nassar allegations?
- Jacksonville Jaguars "No chance" - Jaguars coach Urban Meyer rules out return to college football with USC
- SOCCER FIFA survey shows majority of fans back more frequent World Cups
- NBA Lisa Byington makes history as Milwaukee Bucks announcer
- MLB MLB round-up: Bichette matches career high and Ray fans 13 for Jays, Giants streak snapped