Qatar player Akram Afif signs for Villarreal
The Qatar player will be presented to the press tomorrow at 11:30. He'll make his debut later in a testimonial match for Mario Gaspar. He's the first Qatari to sign for a Spanish Primera club.
Akram Afif is officially a Villarreal player. The Qatari player signed his contract with the La Liga club on Wednesday afternoon and will be presented to the press on Thursday at 11:30. The 19 year old is considered to be one of the most promising talents to have emerged from the Middle East in recent years and is the first Qatari player to join a top flight Spanish side.
Debut with Villarreal
Afif is expected to make his debut for Villarreal the same day as his presentation, during a friendly match being played as a testimonial for Mario Gaspar. The match starts at 20:30.
Akram Afif comes to Villarreal from Al-Sadd, where Raúl spent two years and where Xavi Hernández is currently playing after leaving Barcelona.
Afif already speaks Spanish
The youngster already speaks Spanish, having been through the youth ranks at Villarreal and Sevilla, before he established himself at Eupen in the Belgian second division, on a two year loan deal. He played 17 games there, scoring six goals.
He’s already played for the Qatar national side, scoring on his debut against Bhutan (15-0 final score, September 2015).
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash