Injured Farrell and Tuilagi in England squad for Australia
Both backs were included in the England squad announced for the tour of Australia, despite suffering injuries on club duty this weekend.
Owen Farrell and Manu Tuilagi were included in the England squad announced for the tour of Australia by coach Eddie Jones on Sunday despite both backs suffering injuries on club duty this weekend.
Leicester centre Tuilagi, returning from a knee injury and playing on an artificial pitch for the first time, lasted just 20 minutes before going off with a damaged right leg while trying to tackle United States wing Chris Wyles in Saturday's Premiership semi-final against Saracens.
European champions Saracens won 44-17 at their Allianz Park ground in north London but saw Farrell, England's Six Nations grand slam-winning goalkicker, go off after bearing the brunt of two heavy tackles.
Despite those blows, both inside backs were named in England's 32-man squad for next month's three-Test series against the Wallabies.
Australia boss Jones, who marked his maiden season as England's first overseas coach with the grand slam, also named a separate 26-man squad to play Wales at Twickenham on Sunday, May 29.
That squad does not include players from Saracens and Exeter, who will be contesting the Premiership final at Twickenham the day beforehand (Saturday, May 28).
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?