Celta aiming to seal Vietto deal
The Atlético Madrid man looks in line for a move to Balaídos as the Galician outfit ready themselves for next season's European campaign.Barcelona vs Celta live stream online
Celta Vigo's preparations for next season are well underway, as head coach Eduardo 'Toto' Berizzo shapes his first-team squad for a campaign that will include Europa League football.
Before going on holiday, Berizzo sat down with the club's powers-that-be to discuss plans for 2016/17, asking the board for five summer signings - and giving his thumbs-up to a move for Atlético Madrid's Luciano Vietto.
Celta are firm admirers of the former Villarreal forward, and president Carlos Mouriño has been working on bringing the 22-year-old to Balaídos for some time.
It is understood that Vietto - who has struggled to establish himself at Atlético since joining Los Rojiblancos in 2015 - is keen to go to Vigo, with talks between the two LaLiga sides at an advanced stage.
Celta are not in favour of loan signings and will only countenance a permanent transfer, which could see Atleti negotiate a buy-back option or a percentage of any future sell-on fee.
The fine details of the deal are still to be ironed out, but Atlético are expected to have to settle for a figure well below the 20 million euros they paid for the player nearly 12 months ago.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA $100 million coronavirus fraud losses after multiple scams
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City sign Nathan Ake
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: CARES, HEALS and HEROES Acts compared
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: when will the money arrive?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths, HEALS Act and stimulus checks, today
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Casillas: Real Madrid, Spain's prolific 'goal unscorer' retires