Barcelona midfielder Busquets agrees new contract
The Spain international has reached a deal with Barça that could keep him at the domestic double winners until the age of 35.
- Follow the live macth coverage of LaLiga Santander: Barcelona-Leganés live online.
Midfielder Sergio Busquets has agreed a new contract tying him to Barcelona until 2021, the Camp Nou club have confirmed.
Depending on appearances, that deal could be increased by a further two years, taking the Spain international through to the age of 35.
Busquets is to put pen to paper on his renewed contract in the coming days, Barça said in a statement published on Friday.
The World Cup winner, who made his first-team debut for Los Azulgranas in September 2008, will have a release clause of 200 million euros.
The 27-year-old has turned out for Barcelona on 384 occasions in all competitions, scoring a total of 12 goals.
A player whose Barça trophy haul includes six LaLiga titles, three Champions Leagues and four Copas del Rey, he helped his side to a domestic double this term.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series