Laurent Blanc’s days at PSG could be numbered with reports linking the Ligue 1 giants with a move for a top Liga coach. Yahoo stated early on Friday that PSG owner Nasser Al-Khelaifi had been in touch with Atlético Madrid boss Diego Simeone’s representatives to sound out the Argentinean about initiating a new project while French television network iTele has thrown another name into the ring: Unai Emery.
The network reports that PSG have identified Emery, who has won the Europa League three times consecutively with Sevilla, as the man to replace Blanc. According to iTele, PSG have made contact with Emery’s representatives and have tabled a formal offer, making the Sevilla manager the only coach with a firm proposal from the Parc des Princes.
Al-Khelaifi said in an interview that the club is looking to enter into a new era this summer and that a clear out would be initiated, presumably one that will start with the manager’s seat.
Emery is one of Europe’s most sought after coaches after his stellar work at the Sánchez Pizjuán. Milan have been credited with a serious interest in the meticulous 44-year-old and tried last summer to tempt him to the San Siro.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan