Muguruza up to second in world after French Open triumph
The 22-year-old has moved up from fourth in the WTA rankings after seeing off Serena Williams in Saturday's final at Roland Garros.Halep - Stephens: French Open 2018 final
The American remains top, with Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska and German Angelique Kerber both dropping a spot to fourth and fifth positions.
Bertens and Stosur leap up the rankings
Roland Garros semi-finalists Kiki Bertens of the Netherlands and Australian Samantha Stosur both jumped up the standings.
Bertens moved from 58th to 27th, while Stosur vaulted 10 places to 14th. Czech Lucie Safarova, runner-up in Paris in 2015, paid for her third-round exit this season by falling 16 places to 29th.
1. Serena Williams (USA) 8,330 pts
2. Garbiñe Muguruza (ESP) 6,766 (+2)
3. Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) 6,080 (-1)
4. Angelique Kerber (GER) 5,620 (-1)
5. Simona Halep (ROM) 4,471 (+1)
6. Victoria Azarenka (BLR) 3,405 (-1)
7. Roberta Vinci (ITA) 3,405
8. Belinda Bencic (SUI) 3,260
9. Venus Williams (USA) 3,116 (+2)
10. Timea Bacsinszky (SUI) 2,800 (-1)
11. Petra Kvitova (CZE) 2,768 (+1)
12. Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) 2,755 (+3)
13. Flavia Pennetta (ITA) 2,723 (-3)
14. Samantha Stosur (AUS) 2,700 (+10)
15. Carla Suárez Navarro (ESP) 2,695 (-1)
16. Madison Keys (USA) 2,592 (+1)
17. Karolina Pliskova (CZE) 2,360 (+1)
18. Johanna Konta 2,250 (+3)
19. Elina Svitolina (UKR) 2,226 (+1)
20. Sloane Steven (USA) 2,150 (+2)
Te recomendamos en English
- FINANCIAL FAIR PLAY Man City CAS ruling "a disaster" and the end of FFP - Mourinho
- MLS Chicharito: LA Galaxy striker takes blame for Portland defeat
- LIGA SANTANDER Real Madrid urge fans to stay at home if Zidane's side win Liga title
- Coronavirus Bihar lockdown in India: dates, guidelines and restrictions
- CORONAVIRUS Paycheck Protection Program (PPP): will I be taxed on my loan?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what is known about the July payment?