Spain - Czech Republic: Casillas will play ahead of De Gea
The majority of those who took part in an AS survey expected the Porto keeper to start in goal in La Roja's Euro 2016 opener against the Czech Republic, in the end De Gea started.
The readers of Diario AS got it wrong. The majority of those who took part in a poll thought that that Spain captain Iker Casillas would get the nod in goal for the holders' Euro 2016 opener on Monday. In the end coach Del Bosque put De Gea on his team sheet for the Spain - Czech Republic match.
Iker to play against the Czechs
59.4% of those who responded to the question "Which keeper do you think Vicente del Bosque will pick against the Czech Republic?" expected Casillas to start ahead of David de Gea.
This follows Friday's revelations that the Manchester United man has been named in a sexual assault investigation into pornography producer Ignacio Allende Fernández 'Torbe'.
De Gea has denied any involvement in the affair, in which Athletic Club's Iker Muniain has also been implicated, telling a press conference: "It's all a lie".
Meanwhile, 40.6% were confident that De Gea will be handed the jersey for the clash with Pavel Vrba's men, and they were proved correct.
How and where to watch Spain - Czech Republic
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- Olympic Games Why are the 2021 Olympic Games called Tokyo 2020?
- OLYMPIC GAMES When are the 100m Olympic finals taking place?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles confirms she will be back for Team USA at the Games
- NEW YORK CITY Which New York City public pools are open for summer 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: why is the CDC recommending that vaccinated people wear masks indoors?