Oviedo boss Fernando Hierro wants Real striker Mayoral
Former Real defender Fernando Hierro wants Borja Mayoral on loan as his first signing, opening the door for Álvaro Morata return.
Fernando Hierro, who was unveiled as the new coach of Segunda División side Real Oviedo on Wednesday, has been in touch with his old club Real Madrid to ask about the availability of highly rated striker Borja Mayoral.
The Bernabéu is keen to lend the legendary defender a hand in his new career as a first team boss but the Fifa sanction hanging over Real Madrid, which could prevent the club from signing new players in the winter and summer transfer windows during 2017, could scupper any moves Hierro makes to bring in players on loan from Chamartín.
However, if Real do allow Castilla striker Mayoral, who spent some time with the first team last season, to move to the Estadio Carlos Tartiere, to leave on loan Álvaro Morata’s buy-back could be activated to bring the Juve striker back to the Bernabéu. Morata, currently on international duty with Spain at Euro 2016, has offers from the Premier League in the form of Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United, but could yet be retained by Zinedine Zidane going into next season.
Mayoral, a Spain under-21 international, is said to be keen on the move to Oviedo, who are expected to be in the mix for promotion to Primera next season.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement