Chelsea are to undergo a full reconstruction operation under new coach Antonio Conte, with the Italian manager said to be keen to attract a couple of Real Madrid players to his project: the unsettled James Rodriguez, and Bernabéu returnee Álvaro Morata. The latter is he who could most likely find himself in a blue shirt in the coming weeks, according to The Mirror.
€50m plus Morata
The London club want to take advantage of Los Blancos’ interest in one of their own – Eden Hazard – to accommodate the transfer, with Roman Abramovich keen to close a deal that satisfies both parties. Chelsea have slapped a £75 million price tag (€90m) on the Belgian midfielder, but the club would accept a lesser offer of €50m if it included Morata in the operation.
Conte is said to prefer the option of James, but the prospect of bringing Morata to Stamford Bridge also excites him. Conte indeed knows all about the Spaniard’s talents from their time together at Juventus.
Hazard back to his best
Despite the speculation, Chelsea’s hierarchy may also want to keep hold of Hazard now that they believe the arrival of the Italian can turn around the Belgian’s fortunes following a season dogged by poor performances and niggling injuries. In fact, Hazard already looks like he’s getting back to his best after a strong finish to the Premier League campaign under Gus Hiddink and a virtuoso performance for Belgium against Hungary on Monday.
Te recomendamos en English
- UFC UFC 266: Volkanovski's sweary outburst after brutal title defence over Ortega
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight? | TV, time and following games in NFL Week 3
- REAL MADRID Camavinga: "Playing at the 2022 World Cup is a goal for me"
- PSG PSG given Messi boost ahead of Man City Champions League tie
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals break record amid 15-game winning run
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?