Real Madrid just won’t give up on David Alaba. And as AS has come to understand through sources close to the player, the Bernabéu outfit have made an offer €65million to Bayern Munich for the Austrian, increasing their original bid of €50m made earlier this month. The German champions, who gave an emphatic ‘no’ to Los Blancos’ initial advance, have yet to give an official response, although it seems unlikely they would accept the improved figure.
Alaba valued at €80m
Bayern have valued Alaba at a price of €80m in a maneuver to scare away interested buyers (which also include Barcelona and the two Manchester sides). Carlo Ancelotti has also informed the player and the club of his wish to see Alaba stay at the Allianz Arena and has promised the midfielder a principal role in his side. However, the 24-year old is said to be both flattered and excited by Madrid’s interest.
An ideal signing for Real
Real executives, headed by general director José Ángel Sánchez have been working on a move for the player since January, having met Bayern directors as well the Alaba’s father on a number of occasions. In June, the Spanish club also sent a representative to Munich to try barter down the asking fee, but to no avail. The Champions League holders know that securing their man will be difficult, but they see Alaba as an ideal signing, both for present and for future. “Until 31 August, there’s a lot of time,” is the noise coming out of the Austrian’s camp.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game