Less than ten hours after Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu announced that Neymar's contract extension was imminent, the player himself has clarified to the world on social media that he will be staying put at the club. On his official Twitter account he posted:
Muito feliz de continuar vivendo esse sonho! VISCA BARÇA y VISCA CATALUNYA 🔴🔵 pic.twitter.com/N8KXEgt5eA— Neymar Jr (@neymarjr) 30 June 2016
"I'm very happy to continue living this dream. Long live Barça and long live Catalonia".
The Brazilian, whose current contract runs out in 2018, will extend his commitment to the club until 2021. At the moment, if another club wanted to force the release of his terms they would have to shell out 190 million euros. This too will grow, by a further 30 million. On a personal level, the player is can look forward to a net salary in the region of 15 million euros.
The MSN trident doesn't look like disappearing anytime soon.
Te recomendamos en English
- UFC UFC 266: Volkanovski's sweary outburst after brutal title defence over Ortega
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight? | TV, time and following games in NFL Week 3
- REAL MADRID Camavinga: "Playing at the 2022 World Cup is a goal for me"
- PSG PSG given Messi boost ahead of Man City Champions League tie
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals break record amid 15-game winning run
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?