Madrid move “would be interesting,” says Pogba Snr
Spanish TV spoke with the player’s father who hinted at his son’s future. With a host of top European clubs interested, Pogba’s agent Mina Raiola is keen to sell to the highest bidder.
With Neymar having renewed his contract at Barcelona, just Paul Pogba and Robert Lewnadowski fit the bill as plausible ‘galacticos.’ Bayern’s Polish striker doesn’t appear to have a spot in Madrid’s star-studded front line but Pogba remains the main target. Aside from Real Madrid, Manchester United, Chelsea and PSG are also interested.
Spanish TV channel Cuatro spoke with Paul’s father, Fassou Antoine Pogba, yesterday in the village of Roissy-en-Brie in the Paris suburbs. They asked him: “Does your son want to sign for Real Madrid?” His response: “For the family it would be interesting...”
The main stumbling block to any potential deal is, as reported by AS, that the player’s agent Mino Raiola is to take advantage of interest from United, Chelsea and PSG to drive up the price. An auction is on the cards. Juventus have set an asking price of €120 million, to which any potential suitor would need to add Pogba’s wage demands of around €13 million after tax. Only Cristiano earns more at the Bernabéu: €21 million.
“What we want,” continued Pogba Snr, “is that he play in the best league. He decides.” Could he have meant La Liga, where both Cristiano and Messi ply their trade? If so, and his opinion is a factor in his son’s decision, the signs point to Pogba at the Bernabéu next season.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What businesses accept payment with cryptocurrencies in the US?
- NFL How many times have the Los Angeles Rams reached the NFC NFL Conference Finals?
- NFL How many times have Cincinnati Bengals reached AFC Championship Game?
- SOCCER Cristiano Ronaldo complains about market valuation and asks for an explanation
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Spotify seal deal for Camp Nou naming rights
- 'I thought I was dreaming!' – Warriors star Wiggins reacts to All-Star selection