Manchester City unveil new Twitter account...in Catalan
The club have opened an official Twitter account in Catalan to coincide with the presentation of their new Catalan coach Pep Guardiola.
Manchester City are already known for being one of the most active clubs in the world on social media. And today, having unveiled new coach Pep Guardiola to thousands of adoring fans, the club took their international profile to even greater heights by unveiling a new Twitter account in Catalan.
The account published its first post today to coincide with the Catalan coach’s presentation in Manchester – an appointment which they hope will lift the English club to unprecedented success and greater global popularity.
“Welcome, Pep”, went the tweet. “A new era at Manchester City begins”.
The Citizens add their new Catalan Twitter page to the eleven international profiles that they already operate in Spanish, French, Russian and Japanese, amongst others. The account already has over 4,000 followers despite being in function for only a matter of hours at the time of writing.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL Aaron Rodgers calls out Biden's 'fake White House' after vaccine spat
- NFL How and where to watch Bills v Chiefs: Kickoff time, TV channel, live stream
- NFL 49ers 13 vs. 10 Packers summary: Gould FG seals Niners win, stats, and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Burrow sacked nine times in Bengals win over Titans
- NFL Chiefs Tyreek Hill fined $12K for pom-pom celebration vs Steelers