PSG sign Vero Boquete to boost big European dream
The powerful French side, who have a budget of 6 million euros, bring in the Galician striker to improve their chances of winning the Champions League.
Paris Saint-Germain confirmed on Friday that they have signed Spain international Vero Boquete on a two-year deal from Bayern Munich. The French outfit, who have a spending budget of 6 million euros - one of the highest in women´s football in Europe, see the 29-year-old attacking midfielder as the great white hope in their ambitions to lift the Women's Champions League for the first time. Vero has ample experience in continental football, having been crowned European champions with FFC Frankfurt two seasons ago - precisely against PSG Féminines.
Boquete won't be the only Spain international at PSG, centre-back Irene Paredes joined from league champions Athletic Club two days ago.
"PSG are one of the great clubs in Europe and in the world. I am very proud to come here and be a part of this club and I want to lend my experience and determination to the team. I cannot wait to start this new stage in my career. I have come to Paris filled with ambition", Vero Boquete said after the transfer was officially announced. PSG have some of Europe's top players on the books - including French striker Marie-Laure Delie and German forward Anje Mittag, as well as Costa Rican playmaker Shirley Cruz, amongst others.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How does the salary cap of NBA teams work? Trades, extensions, minimum veteran salary
- MLB Houston Astros take Game 1 over Boston Red Sox in ALCS
- OTHER SPORTS Canelo vs Plant fight: odds, prediction, dates, times
- US NEWS Why are there food shortages and a global supply chain crisis?
- US NEWS How much does it cost to be a space tourist?
- US NEWS Why are John Deere workers striking?