Real Madrid pull out of the race to sign Pogba – Sky Sports
Los Blancos are unable to match the basic transfer fee of 100 million euros, plus the 23 million in add-ons and Raiola’s fee, being offered by the Manchester club.
Real Madrid have pulled out of the race to sign Paul Pogba, sources close to the deal told Sky Sports, who claim that the French midfielder's final destination will be Manchester United, the club he left four years ago on a free transfer.
It is believed that Los Blancos are unable to meet the financial demands of the deal being offered by the Red Devils, led by José Mourinho. The total transfer cost is reported to be made up of a €100m basic transfer fee, plus 23 million in add-ons, bonuses and a sizeable fee for the player’s agent, Mino Raiola. Furthermore, the France international would receive 15 million euros a year in a five-year deal.
Recommended in English
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- NFL Mac Jones continues his case as best rookie QB of the season
- NFL Cam Newton’s dreams of being Panthers savior shattered
- SOCCER 2021 Ballon d'Or awards ceremony: times, TV, how to watch and stream