Official: Ganso completes 9.5M euro Sevilla move
Shortly after announcing the arrival of Franco Vázquez, the Andalucian club confirmed the capture of the attacking midfielder who joins from São PauloReal Madrid-Sevilla live: LaLiga
It was a productive day as far as transfers were concerned for Sevilla, who shortly after announcing the signing of Italo-Argentine midfielder Franco Vázquez, also confirmed the arrival of Paulo Henrique Chagas de Lima, more commonly known as Ganso.
The southerners have finally reached an agreement with São Paulofor the talented 26-year-old Brazilian - all of Sevilla's reinforcements so far this summer have been for the midfield. A transfer fee of 9.5 million euros will be shared between São Paulo and a third party investment group - DIS, which owns a controlling stake in the player's economic rights.
Ganso has already bid his old team mates goodbye and good luck with a message on the club's web page: "I would like to thank São Paulo for all they have done for me and meant to me in my life. It's a club which will forever be in my heart. I would also like to give special thanks to the president Leco who has shown understanding for my professional wishes. I feel that this is the ideal moment for me to take on the challenge of playing in Europe.
"It was always an honour for me to wear this club's shirt and enjoy so many marvellous moments. I also must mention the fans for the affection which they have shown for me since the day I arrived and throughout these last four years. I'm leaving but with the door open, so that maybe I can return one day", he concluded.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up