Chaos as overexcited crowds welcome Madrid to Montreal
Various fans broke through the security barriers and had to be escorted away. One even had to be tackled to the ground by guards...
Real Madrid landed to a rowdy reception in Montreal on Sunday evening. Close to 150 fans came to welcome the expedition on their arrival in Canada – where the club are starting their preseason tour – at the Ritz Carlton hotel. Some fans were so excited at the sight of their heroes that they skipped the security barriers and had to be escorted away. One even had to be tackled to the ground by two guards. That incident happened in front of Isco, who couldn’t quite believe his eyes.
Moments of excitement and tension
It was a moment of high tension in which the security seemed to have momentarily lost control of the crowd, evidently emotional at seeing their idols. The excessive effusiveness was accompanied by screams of support for the side, especially when the immediately recognisable bald head of Zidane stepped of the coach. “Zizou, Zizou!” was the cry.
Mayoral forgets his passport
Real Madrid Castilla striker Borja Mayoral was the other story of the day on Sunday as the first-team squad – accompanied by 11 of the reserves – made the eight hour journey to Canada. He was seen walking away from Barajas airport as the rest of the players boarded the plane in Madrid, causing rumours about a possible transfer to Wolfsburg to surface. Alas, it was a false alarm. Mayoral had forgotten his passport and had to have it dropped to him by his sister!
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Arsenal give up on move for Ødegaard
- EURO 2020 Brace-assist Bale sees Wales pluck Turkey
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Mbappé has the key to get out the PSG door
- EURO 2020 Eriksen advice for Denmark to counter Belgium's Lukaku
- NBA Chris Paul out for COVID: what are the NBA's health and safety protocols, and when could he play again?
- NBA All-NBA 2021: First, Second and Third Team selections