Chaos as overexcited crowds welcome Madrid to Montreal
Various fans broke through the security barriers and had to be escorted away. One even had to be tackled to the ground by guards...
Real Madrid landed to a rowdy reception in Montreal on Sunday evening. Close to 150 fans came to welcome the expedition on their arrival in Canada – where the club are starting their preseason tour – at the Ritz Carlton hotel. Some fans were so excited at the sight of their heroes that they skipped the security barriers and had to be escorted away. One even had to be tackled to the ground by two guards. That incident happened in front of Isco, who couldn’t quite believe his eyes.
Moments of excitement and tension
It was a moment of high tension in which the security seemed to have momentarily lost control of the crowd, evidently emotional at seeing their idols. The excessive effusiveness was accompanied by screams of support for the side, especially when the immediately recognisable bald head of Zidane stepped of the coach. “Zizou, Zizou!” was the cry.
Mayoral forgets his passport
Real Madrid Castilla striker Borja Mayoral was the other story of the day on Sunday as the first-team squad – accompanied by 11 of the reserves – made the eight hour journey to Canada. He was seen walking away from Barajas airport as the rest of the players boarded the plane in Madrid, causing rumours about a possible transfer to Wolfsburg to surface. Alas, it was a false alarm. Mayoral had forgotten his passport and had to have it dropped to him by his sister!
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: which states have kept travel restrictions and which have lifted them?
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefit: Trump signs executive order
- Champions League Messi buys Barcelona a ticket to Lisbon
- Transfer market PSG focused on Mbappe, Neymar renewals over Cristiano Ronaldo
- Champions League Hector Herrera’s experience could help Atlético Madrid