Santander set to become new LaLiga sponsor - El País
According to El País, Banco Santander will become LaLiga's new official sponsors, with an official announcement expected in the next few days
According to El País, Banco Santander has reached an agreement with LaLiga to become the Spanish top flight's new sponsor, with an official announcement over the deal expected in the next few days.
The competition will be re-branded as Liga Santander, while the Segunda Division will also be rechristened as Liga 1|2|3. This latter name is in reference to Santander's account of the same name. (Here the Spanish bank appears to be following the trend of their rivals BBVA, who called the second division Liga Adelante, after their current account).
El País report that the Spanish bank will pay less than BBVA did for privilege of becoming the league's official sponsors, and that LaLiga had other offers from possible patrons such as Samsung, but preferred to opt for a Spanish brand.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Packers and Bears clash as Cardinals aim for six wins in a row
- NFL Eagles trade veteran TE Zach Ertz to unbeaten Cardinals
- LALIGA Ambitious Pedri wants to 'win everything every year' with Barça
- SOCCER European nations set to block FIFA World Cup plans regardless of vote
- NFL Which NBA teams have the highest salary cap in the 21-22 season?
- NBA | NETS Durant on Kyrie Irving situation: "What is being mad going to do?"