Higuaín on the verge of Serie A record move to Juventus
The Argentina striker completed his check-up at the La Moraleja hospital in the Spanish capital. Juve will pay a fee of 94.7 million euros to Napoli.
Gonzalo Higuaín is on the verge of a move to Juventus according to Sky Italia. As reported in AS on July 18, the Argentina striker had already given a verbal agreement to join the Serie A champions and all that was required was to tempt Napoli to sell with a colossal fee. That fee is reported to be 94.7 million euros, which would make Higuaín the third most-expensive footballer in history after Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale.
The Argentinean passed a medical at a Madrid hospital on Saturday and the move is expected to finalized in the coming days. It will also open the door to Paul Pogba leaving the Old Lady, who will need to recoup the Higuaín outlay to strengthen other areas of the squad. Pogba is widely expected to move to Manchester United for a fee that could smash the current world record.
Recommended in English
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: times, stream, how to watch it online and what to expect
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: list of nominees and the 6 GOTY contenders
- NFL LA Rams' WR Mike Williams latest to be put on covid-19 list
- EUROPA LEAGUE Have Barcelona ever played and won in the Europa League?
- GOLF When will Tiger Woods return to the PGA Tour?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Watch out for Wilson against Houston