Napoli to discuss move for Icardi to replace Juve-bound Higuaín
Aurelio De Laurentiis and sporting director Cristiano Guintoli are to meet player's agent Wanda Nara to open talks about move for Argentinean striker.
Napoli have wasted little time in pursuing a replacement for Gonzalo Higuaín, whose move to Serie A champions Juventus is increasingly imminent. The partenopei have identified Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi as a possible substitute and club president Aurelio De Laurentiis, along with sporting director Cristiano Guintoli, have arranged a meeting with the player’s agent and wife, Wanda Nara, to discuss the potential move, according to Mediaset Sports.
Champions League chance
Icardi has been agitating for a move away from Inter and will be tempted by the chance to play Champions League football next season. No official offer has yet been tabled but contact has been made and Icardi has emerged as the primary target of Napoli coach Mauricio Sarri to cover for the loss of Higuaín.
Inter have previously described their club captain as non-transferable but the player and the board have been at loggerheads over a new contract and the 23-year-old has been touted around Europe by Nara during the summer. An offer of around 50 million euros will probably be enough for Napoli to secure the services of a player who has scored 38 goals for Inter over the last two seasons.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game