Napoli to discuss move for Icardi to replace Juve-bound Higuaín
Aurelio De Laurentiis and sporting director Cristiano Guintoli are to meet player's agent Wanda Nara to open talks about move for Argentinean striker.
Napoli have wasted little time in pursuing a replacement for Gonzalo Higuaín, whose move to Serie A champions Juventus is increasingly imminent. The partenopei have identified Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi as a possible substitute and club president Aurelio De Laurentiis, along with sporting director Cristiano Guintoli, have arranged a meeting with the player’s agent and wife, Wanda Nara, to discuss the potential move, according to Mediaset Sports.
Champions League chance
Icardi has been agitating for a move away from Inter and will be tempted by the chance to play Champions League football next season. No official offer has yet been tabled but contact has been made and Icardi has emerged as the primary target of Napoli coach Mauricio Sarri to cover for the loss of Higuaín.
Inter have previously described their club captain as non-transferable but the player and the board have been at loggerheads over a new contract and the 23-year-old has been touted around Europe by Nara during the summer. An offer of around 50 million euros will probably be enough for Napoli to secure the services of a player who has scored 38 goals for Inter over the last two seasons.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series