Atlético Madrid have announced the signing of Sevilla's Kevin Gameiro for a fee of €32 million (with €5m in possible add-ons) on a four-year deal.
Diego Costa move now looks dead
The Gameiro deal comes to the detriment of Diego Costa, who’s wish to return to the Vicente Calderón has been held back by Chelsea. Simeone wanted the last piece of his attack force in place as soon as possible, and that’ll now be the Frenchman, who’ll join up with his compatriot Antoine Griezmann in Atléti’s frontline.
Ben Yedder to join Sevilla
Sevilla, meanwhile, will look to reinforce their squad after the loss of Gameiro. With Vietto now a certainty, he should also be joined by Wissam Ben Yedder. According to L’Equipe, there is already a pre-agreement in place between Sevilla and Toulouse for the forward for a fee of around €9m.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What has Biden said about Justice Breyer's replacement on the Supreme Court?
- SIGA SIGA Global Mentorship Program creating the next generation of female leaders
- NFL How many Super Bowls have the San Francisco 49ers won?
- NFL Chiefs fans donate $223K to Buffalo hospital to mark win vs Bills
- NBA Statue of Kobe and Gianna Bryant erected at crash site
- NBA Giannis admits Cavs deserves greater respect after Bucks win