Atlético Madrid have announced the signing of Sevilla's Kevin Gameiro for a fee of €32 million (with €5m in possible add-ons) on a four-year deal.
Diego Costa move now looks dead
The Gameiro deal comes to the detriment of Diego Costa, who’s wish to return to the Vicente Calderón has been held back by Chelsea. Simeone wanted the last piece of his attack force in place as soon as possible, and that’ll now be the Frenchman, who’ll join up with his compatriot Antoine Griezmann in Atléti’s frontline.
Ben Yedder to join Sevilla
Sevilla, meanwhile, will look to reinforce their squad after the loss of Gameiro. With Vietto now a certainty, he should also be joined by Wissam Ben Yedder. According to L’Equipe, there is already a pre-agreement in place between Sevilla and Toulouse for the forward for a fee of around €9m.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?