Atlético Madrid have announced the signing of Sevilla's Kevin Gameiro for a fee of €32 million (with €5m in possible add-ons) on a four-year deal.
Diego Costa move now looks dead
The Gameiro deal comes to the detriment of Diego Costa, who’s wish to return to the Vicente Calderón has been held back by Chelsea. Simeone wanted the last piece of his attack force in place as soon as possible, and that’ll now be the Frenchman, who’ll join up with his compatriot Antoine Griezmann in Atléti’s frontline.
Ben Yedder to join Sevilla
Sevilla, meanwhile, will look to reinforce their squad after the loss of Gameiro. With Vietto now a certainty, he should also be joined by Wissam Ben Yedder. According to L’Equipe, there is already a pre-agreement in place between Sevilla and Toulouse for the forward for a fee of around €9m.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many Olympic medals has the USA volleyball team won?
- OLYMPICS Alternative Tokyo Olympics Medal tables: how would countries rank according to other factors?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the longest race in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: When I was 13, I was playing RuneScape! – Peaty congratulates Sky Brown
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Marathon rules, distance and course at the Tokyo 2021 Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBAL How many olympic medals does LeBron James have?