Kroos and Bale to stay in Madrid with Benzema a doubt
Zidane will make a decision if Benzema plays or not in Trondheim after a fitness test after the final training session. Bale and Kroos won't be flying to Norway.
Karim Benzema trained for the second consecutive day with the Real Madrid squad and there is still a possibility the French striker can play some role in Tuesday's Uefa Super Cup against Sevilla.
The club's medical team will make a last minute decision on his fitness ahead of the game at the Lerkendal Stadion in Trondheim.
“He hasn't been training with the rest of the squad so we'll have to see when Tuesday comes around" commented Zidane aware of the club policy of not risking players that are not completely injury free.
Kroos y Bale.
Gareth Bale and Toni Kroos are in a different position. Both players completed their second complete training session upon their return from holiday but the French coach has decided that neither international player will travel to Norway when the squad depart later this afternoon (Monday) at 13.30 (CET).
Keylor Navas meanwhile continues his particular rehabilitation process so Casilla will be the goalkeeper for the Super Cup clash.
Recommended in English
- TRANSFER MARKET Real Madrid: Palmeiras to slap €100m price tag on Brazil wonderkid Endrick
- SERIE A Vlahovic tipped to fill Cristiano Ronaldo's boots at Juventus
- CORONAVIRUS What is ‘stealth Omicron’ and where have the first cases appeared?
- US NEWS Who are the main candidates for the position in the Supreme Court?
- NFL Why is the AFC Trophy named after Lamar Hunt?
- NFL How are the Cincinnati Bengals preparing for the noise in Arrowhead Stadium?