Barcelona and Ajax strike a deal for Cillessen transfer
According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona will fork out 13 million euros for the Netherlands keeper. Claudio Bravo may leave after Betis game.
Ajax’s Jasper Cillessen is set to become Barcelona’s new goalkeeper, according to a report in Catalan sports daily Mundo Deportivo. The Dutch international, 27, will sign a five-year deal at Camp Nou with Barcelona paying the Eredivisie side 13 million euros for the transfer.
The deal all but confirms Claudio Bravo’s departure from Barcelona, with the Chile keeper expected to sign for Manchester City where former Barça boss Pep Guardiola is seeking a new number one after dropping England stopper Joe Hart to the bench for his first three games in charge at the Etihad.
Cillessen was left out of the Ajax squad for this weekend’s game against Willem II to avoid the risk of an injury, although the Dutch club are considering fielding the keeper for the all-important second leg of their Champions League playoff round tie against Rostov on Wednesday, which is balanced at 1-1 after the opening match.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...