Zuiverloon: defender lured by Segunda B side Cultural Leonesa
The former Real Mallorca and West Brom man has been persuaded to join the ambitious third-tier outfit's push for promotion.
Ambitious Spanish Segunda División B side Cultural y Deportiva Leonesa have made former Real Mallorca defender Gianni Zuiverloon the latest impressive summer addition to their squad ahead of the 2016/17 season.
Cultural attract player used to top tier
The versatile Dutchman, who arrives from Eredivisie outfit ADO Den Haag, has spent most of his career in top-flight football, with clubs such as West Bromwich Albion, Heerenveen and Feyernoord joining Mallorca on his CV.
But that hasn't stopped Aspire Academy-owned Cultural from persuading the 29-year-old to drop down to the third tier of the Spanish game as they prepare their bid to win promotion to Segunda División.
Set for role in central defence
Although he has greater experience as a right-back, Zuiverloon can also play in central defence, with Cultural coach Rubén de la Barrera on Friday explaining he plans to use him at the heart of his backline.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash