India lose top ranking as West Indies test ends in draw
The result meant India won the four-test series 2-0 but surrendered top spot in the International Cricket Council (ICC) rankings to Pakistan
The final test between West Indies and India was abandoned as a draw on Monday as the soggy outfield remained unplayable in Trinidad.
The result meant India won the four-test series 2-0 but surrendered top spot in the International Cricket Council (ICC) rankings to Pakistan, less than a week after taking over the number one position from Australia.
Third-shortest non-abandoned test ever
India had needed to win in Port of Spain to keep the top ranking but only 22 overs were completed on Thursday, with play completely washed out over the following four days at Queen's Park Oval.
The fixture, played in Trinidad's rainy season, became the third-shortest non-abandoned test ever. India and West Indies now move to Florida for two Twenty20 matches this weekend.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- USA News US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies aged 87
- AMAZON PRIME VIDEO The Boys Season 2: how many episodes, dates of release and when is the last one?
- Arteta: Aubameyang stayed because Arsenal is an 'incredible club' as big as Barcelona & Inter
- Liverpool Thiago: “When you win, you want to win more”
- Coronavirus Flu shot: who should get it and when?