India lose top ranking as West Indies test ends in draw
The result meant India won the four-test series 2-0 but surrendered top spot in the International Cricket Council (ICC) rankings to Pakistan
The final test between West Indies and India was abandoned as a draw on Monday as the soggy outfield remained unplayable in Trinidad.
The result meant India won the four-test series 2-0 but surrendered top spot in the International Cricket Council (ICC) rankings to Pakistan, less than a week after taking over the number one position from Australia.
Third-shortest non-abandoned test ever
India had needed to win in Port of Spain to keep the top ranking but only 22 overs were completed on Thursday, with play completely washed out over the following four days at Queen's Park Oval.
The fixture, played in Trinidad's rainy season, became the third-shortest non-abandoned test ever. India and West Indies now move to Florida for two Twenty20 matches this weekend.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?