De Gea and Muniain won't face charges over Torbe sex case
According to Spanish gossip magazine Interviú, the investigating judge and prosecutors have concluded that the players have no case to answer.
Spanish gossip magazine Interviú has published a story stating that Iker Muniain and David de Gea will not face charges over a case of alleged sexual assault.
"The footballer will not be called to testify"
“Iker Muniain and another footballer did not sexually assault or threaten a young prostitute in a luxury hotel in Madrid. And Spanish national team goalkeeper David de Gea did not “facilitate prostitution,” as the protected witness claimed. The police, the public prosecutor and the judge presiding over the Torbe case have reached the conclusion that that the sexual encounter, in which De Gea did not participate, was consensual. The footballers will not even be called to testify,” the magazine wrote.
Spanish news website Eldiario.es broke the story on June 11, claiming that Muniain and De Gea were being investigated in a case of alleged sexual assault after testimony given by a protected witness in the ongoing investigation into porn baron Ignacio Allende Fernández, who was jailed in April on charges of human trafficking with the aim of sexual exploitation, sexual assault, sexual abuse of minors, the production and distribution of pornographic material featuring under-age girls, extortion, money laundering and tax offences.
According to Eldiario.es, the witness, known as TP3 (Protected Witness number three) said in her testimony of June 3, 2015 that she had been taken to a five-star hotel in Madrid in 2012 by Torbe on the promise of a handsome pay day. When she arrived at the hotel, she was taken to a suite where she encountered another woman and two football players, one of whom was Muniain. The second player has never been identified but Spanish dailies El Mundo and El Confidencial have previously suggested it was Real Madrid midfielder Isco.
The witness also stated that De Gea arranged the meeting with Torbe, which the jailed porn baron wrote a letter to deny.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?