Ancelotti predicts Madrid will win the league this year
The Bayern Munich coach feels that LaLiga will be a fierce battle this season but his former club will lift the trophy for the first time in five years and Cristiano will end as top scorer.
Carlo Ancelotti has an inkling that this will be Real Madrid's year. The Bayern Munich coach took advantage of the international break to analyze the state of play in Europe's major leagues for RAI production, La Domenica Sportiva. Ancelotti feels his old club will win their first domestic league in five years - but not without a fight. "In Spain it's going to be difficult, but I think that after several years of not winning it, Real Madrid will return to win the league and Cristiano will end as the top scorer".
Ancelotti continued with his predictions, and said that he sees Juventus lifting the Scudetto and Pipa Higuaín finishing as Serie A's top goal scorer; PSG being crowned champions in France with Cavani topping the goal scorers ranking. In England, Ancelotti was hesitant about where he would place his money but is plumping for Manchester City "although I think Ibrahimovic will be the top scorer", he said.
Recommended in English
- NBA Ricky enjoying the present: "It's not a cliché, it's a lifestyle"
- NFL Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski hoping to break NFL record
- NFL Who plays Monday Night football tonight, Week 13? Games, times, TV
- SOCCER Kylian Mbappé disappointed Real Madrid move falls through
- SOCCER Zlatan Ibrahimovic wants to 'stay at Milan for life'
- REAL MADRID Benzema out for Inter clash but has one eye on Madrid derby