Asensio: “I wouldn’t wear the Barça shirt now”
The Real Madrid midfielder, recently called up by Lopetegui for the Spain squad, gave an interview to the radio show El LargueroChelsea - Barcelona U - 19 live: UEFA Youth League final
Real Madrid’s Marco Asensio spoke to the radio show El Larguero after being called up for Lopetegui’s first Spain squad.
First meeting with Florentino: “I was with my parents and I wanted a photo with him. I was eight years old. My mother joked to him that one day I’d be a Real Madrid player.”
Wearing the Barça shirt: “No, right now, no”.
Barcelona’s previous interest: “There was a chance I could’ve gone to Barça and other clubs. I could decide so I came to Madrid.”
Competition with Isco and James: “I haven’t come to take their place from them. I’m here to help. If the coach decides to play me ahead of them then that’s his decision.”
What do you most like about Cristiano? “His ambition and goalscoring instinct.”
And Bale? “His left foot. He’s a top player who is winning awards. I see him winning the Ballon d’Or.”
Messi or Neymar: “Both are great players, but I wouldn’t have either of them.”
Position: “I’m comfortable playing as an attacking midfielder but I can play on the left, the right or even further back.”
Game time: “My aim is to be a starter but there are big players that have been here for many years.”
The goal at Real Madrid: “I want to win trophies and to be a reference point for the team and the fans. I want to make history at Real Madrid.”
- Luis Suárez3Goals
- Sergi Roberto157Passes
*Update 30 de agosto de 2016
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up