The younger brother of Sergio ‘Kun’ Agüero, Gastón del Castillo, has signed for Spanish side Cádiz. The attacking midfielder, 19, joins the Segunda B outfit on loan in search of first-team football and greater experience.
Physical similarity to brother
‘Kuncito’ – who made his debut for Independiente in Argentina’s Primera Division back in April – has a great physical similarity to brother Sergio (the Manchester City striker), which has already caused excitement amongst Cádiz fans.
The Argentine was close to joining Italian team Crotonade on loan, however the deal fell through due to economic differences.
Option to buy
Independiente, where Del Castillo recently extended his contract until June 2018, have installed an option for a permanent switch into the Cádiz deal for a fee of €2,250,000.
Recommended in English
- NFL An Eagle no more: Brandon Brooks retires
- NFL Kwesi Adofo-Mensah all set to be named Vikings GM
- NFL NFL free agency 2022: the five best available quarterbacks
- NFC Chiefs injury report: Tyrann Mathieu in concussion protocol
- NBA Where did Kobe Bryant’s “Black Mamba” nickname originate?
- NBA Mourning Kobe Bryant: what's known about the helicopter crash?