Messi doesn't train with Argentina
Lionel Messi didn't train with his Argentinean team-mates during the first session for the World Cup runners-up at the facilities in Ezeiza, as they prepare to face Uruguay on Friday for a World Cup qualifier.
Messi travelled despite advice not to
Messi is suffering from a groin strain, and travelled to join up with the Argentina side despite advice from Barcelona doctors not to do so.
During today's training session the striker limited himself to chatting to Edgardo Bauza, the new coach, and the man who persuaded Messi to change his decision to retire from international football.
Messi back with Argentina
Argentina have another training session this afternoon, however Messi is being monitored by the national side's team of physios. They'll decide in the next couple of days whether he is fit to face Uruguay in Mendoza. The most important thing for Argentina, that Messi didn't retire, has already been achieved.
Recommended in English
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: times, stream, how to watch it online and what to expect
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: list of nominees and the 6 GOTY contenders
- NFL LA Rams' WR Mike Williams latest to be put on covid-19 list
- EUROPA LEAGUE Have Barcelona ever played and won in the Europa League?
- GOLF When will Tiger Woods return to the PGA Tour?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Watch out for Wilson against Houston