Torrential weather disrupts Serie A fixtures
Genoa-Fiorentina was abandoned at half-time while Roma-Sampdoria was interrupted amid torrential hailstorms.
Extreme weather conditions forced the Serie A match-up between Genoa and Fiorentina to be abandoned this afternoon.
Conditions at the Luigi Ferraris were so bad that officials decided not to resume play after half-time with the score level at 0-0. The first-half had been badly disrupted by poor visibility and torrential rain.
Roma-Sampdoria interrupted by hailstorm
Elsewhere, Roma’s home fixture with Sampdoria was also interrupted after a spectacular downpour inundated the Stadio Olimpico pitch with water. Large puddles were visible across the field at half-time amid a thick barrage of hailstones.
The visitors had taken a 2-1 lead through goals from Fabio Quagliarella and Luis Muriel after Mohamed Salah had opened the scoring for Roma.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw out for 4-6 weeks due to groin injury
- National Football League second week breakdown
- BAYERN MUNICH "Magician", "the next Neymar": new Bayern starlet draws lofty praise
- PREMIER LEAGUE Despite posting losses Woodward confident that Man Utd are 'on right track'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: match-day 5, bullet point preview
- NBA Real Madrid's Demin, Duru among youngsters tipped for NBA