United legend Keane says Pep is the 'Special One' not Mourinho
Former Manchester United midfielder Roy Keane holds no bias when it comes to coaching, saying he prefers Man City's Pep Guardiola over current United boss Mourinho
Roy Keane is a bona fide Manchester United legend. However, the Irishman – who has always been a rather outspoken and single minded chap – would never let such a fact sway his opinions.
Indeed, Keane – who is now a pundit for ITV – didn’t show any apparent favouritism for his old club on Wednesday night when he admitted that he preferred Pep Guardiola – coach of United’s fierce rival Manchester City – to the current coach of the Red Devils, José Mourinho.
"He doesn't look like he messes about"
"He said he's a challenging coach -- doesn't look like he messes about," Keane said glowingly about Guardiola during the channel’s coverage of the City’s 4-0 Champions League win over Borussia Monchengladbach.
"[There are] Two coaches in Manchester. Mourinho reckons he's the Special One, to me this guy is."
Derby bragging rights
Keane’s comments come after Guardiola’s City side beat United 2-1 at Old Trafford on Saturday, and the Catalan’s coach good start to the season has evidently made an impression on the former Sunderland manager.
"We've seen City have good starts before and they take their foot off the gas a little bit,” said Keane. “But I don't think it will happen under this guy."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'