What games will Casemiro miss with his injury?
Real Madrid’s midfielder Casemiro has been diagnosed with a fractured fibula, putting him out for up to two months. Here are the matches he’s going to miss...
Zidane’s midfield stopper will be out for at least a month according to the club, and could be in recovery for up to two. Here are the games he’s going to miss:
Games in the next month:
Las Palmas (a) - Sept 24
Eibar (h) - Oct 2
Real Betis (a) - Oct 15
Borrusia Dortmund (a) - Sept 27
Legia Warsaw (h) - Oct 18
World Cup 2018 qualifier:
Venezuela (a) - Oct 11
Extension to injury lay-off
If Casemiro is out for over a month it could put at risk his participation in crucial league games for his club including away to local rivals Atlético (mid Nov tbc) and for his country in the qualifier at home to Argentina (10 Nov).
Although an unlikely risk at this stage, Zidane and the player will both be aiming to ensure that he is fully match fit ahead of El Clásico… Real Madrid face Barcelona on 4 December.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: is a new payment coming? Opt-out, eligibility, tax refund...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 31: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo 2021: Simone Biles pulls out of vault and bars finals
- OLYMPIC GAMES Connor Fields suffered brain bleed in BMX crash, out of ICU
- OLYMPIC GAMES South Korea U23 vs Mexico U23 live online: scores, stats and updates | Olympic men's soccer