The media and Mou: Dangerous Liaisons
There are a number of ways of getting to know José Mourinho. One of those is by reading the non-authorized biography on the Portuguese coach by Robert Beasley. The other is understanding his relationship with this British journalist.
Rob is known for his work with the tabloid media in the UK (particularly The News of the World and The Sun). After leaving The Sun recently he opened up his own communication agency and penned the Mourinho book. Rob and José got to know each other some 12 years ago when the coach from Setubal was working with Chelsea. Beasley published an article about an illegal approach by the West London club for Ashley Cole and the guilty parties (including Mourinho) were fined. The coach was impressed by the quality of Beasley's output and worked closely with him to showcase the news that Mou was interested in transmitting.
Rob was the person behind the stories surrounding Mourinho being the possible England manager and more recently in securing the position as new coach at Manchester United. Mourinho has few close friends in the media world but does keep in touch with good communicators. The Setubal born coach has a tendency to send emails or Whatsapp messages in the morning and he called Beasley during Steve McLaren's farewell press conference as England manager to see if the FA were interested in working with him. These acquaintances don't last for ever and normally have a limited shelf life when Mourinho decides that the relationship no longer serve his interests.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Griezmann explains motives for Atlético exit
- Champions League Bayern Munich lose Coman after knee scare in Tottenham encounter
- LALIGA Messi: gap has closed between Barcelona, Madrid and rest of LaLiga
- ARSENAL Ljungberg not getting involved as Arsenal search for new boss
- Club Brugge 1-3 Real Madrid Zidane sees Real Madrid coming into the Clásico in fine form
- CLUB BRUGGE 1-3 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings as Club Brugge beaten in Belgium