India's Ashwin second quickest in Test history to 200 wickets
The 30-year-old off-spinner reached the landmark figure in his country's first Test against New Zealand in Kanpur on Sunday.
Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin on Sunday became the second fastest bowler to claim 200 Test wickets, bringing up the milestone in his 37th match.
In front of Younis, Lillee
He is just behind Australia's Clarrie Grimmett, who took 36 Tests to achieve the feat, and ahead of greats Waqar Younis of Pakistan and Aussie Dennis Lillee, who both needed 38.
Ashwin reached his double century by dimissing New Zealand skipper Kane Williamson in Kanpur, where India are playing their 500th Test.
Fastest off-spinner to 200
The 30-year-old from Chennai, who made his debut against the West Indies in 2011, is currently ranked third in the International Cricket Council (ICC) ratings for Test bowlers.
Ashwin also becomes the quickest off-spinner in history to chalk up 200 wickets.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS When did Cyber Monday originate? What is Cyber Monday?
- NFL What is the Dallas Cowboys best record in franchise history?
- NFL Seattle vs. Washington live online: stats, scores and highlights | NFL Week 11
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- Belichick vindicated once more as Jackson builds DPOY case
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats