India's Ashwin second quickest in Test history to 200 wickets
The 30-year-old off-spinner reached the landmark figure in his country's first Test against New Zealand in Kanpur on Sunday.
Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin on Sunday became the second fastest bowler to claim 200 Test wickets, bringing up the milestone in his 37th match.
In front of Younis, Lillee
He is just behind Australia's Clarrie Grimmett, who took 36 Tests to achieve the feat, and ahead of greats Waqar Younis of Pakistan and Aussie Dennis Lillee, who both needed 38.
Ashwin reached his double century by dimissing New Zealand skipper Kane Williamson in Kanpur, where India are playing their 500th Test.
Fastest off-spinner to 200
The 30-year-old from Chennai, who made his debut against the West Indies in 2011, is currently ranked third in the International Cricket Council (ICC) ratings for Test bowlers.
Ashwin also becomes the quickest off-spinner in history to chalk up 200 wickets.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's internal debate
- TRANSFER RUMOURS Premier League: Arsenal intensify Nuno interest and keep Martínez in mind
- VALENCIA - REAL MADRID Zidane and Celades: friends in Madrid, rivals in Valencia
- FOOTBALL Michael Owen: "I was already in decline by the time I was 23"
- Rashford eager to live up to 'nice' Ronaldo comparisons
- LIVERPOOL Liverpool: "Klopp has made me who I am today" - Alexander-Arnold