India's Ashwin second quickest in Test history to 200 wickets
The 30-year-old off-spinner reached the landmark figure in his country's first Test against New Zealand in Kanpur on Sunday.
Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin on Sunday became the second fastest bowler to claim 200 Test wickets, bringing up the milestone in his 37th match.
In front of Younis, Lillee
He is just behind Australia's Clarrie Grimmett, who took 36 Tests to achieve the feat, and ahead of greats Waqar Younis of Pakistan and Aussie Dennis Lillee, who both needed 38.
Ashwin reached his double century by dimissing New Zealand skipper Kane Williamson in Kanpur, where India are playing their 500th Test.
Fastest off-spinner to 200
The 30-year-old from Chennai, who made his debut against the West Indies in 2011, is currently ranked third in the International Cricket Council (ICC) ratings for Test bowlers.
Ashwin also becomes the quickest off-spinner in history to chalk up 200 wickets.
Te recomendamos en English
- World News Chinese Rocket: when and where will it fall to earth?
- US News Fourth stimulus check: What are Biden's economic proposals according to the unemployment report?
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV & how to watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola fumes at officials as City pay penalty against Chelsea
- BARCELONA 0-0 ATLÉTICO Piqué: "We're still alive, from now on, anything could happen"
- US NEWS Third stimulus checks: how many payments were made in the last batch?