BASKETBALL | REAL MADRID 101 - 90 UNICAJA
Real Madrid hit 100 points on Liga Endesa opening day
Doncic, Carroll, Taylor, Reyes and Hunter stormed to 9-0 run in just 28 seconds. Unicaja did a lot of damage themselves from the field.
Blistering start to the Liga Endesa
Real Madrid's basketball team began their defence of the Liga Endesa by getting the new campaign off to a rip-roaring start against Unicaja. The hosts pulled out an ample repertoire of attacking moves at a packed Barclaycard Center - buoyed by a makeshift defence, assembled in the pre-season. From tip-off, it was evident that for Laso's team, this is the start of a brand new project but they improved as the match wore on, against a determined Unicaja who did a lot of damage from beyond the perimeter line - occasionally exposing chinks in locals' defence.
Three-pointers rain in
Joan Plaza's Unicaja went into the final quarter with a five-point lead (73-78), but Madrid, with Doncic, Carroll, Taylor, Reyes and Hunter stormed to 9-0 run in just 28 seconds - with three three-pointers (Doncic, Carroll and Taylor) and two good defensives moves. That was too big a blow for the Malagueños to bear and they crumpled as a result. Reyes and Llull remataron killed the game off. The Liga Endesa is back and so are 100-points+ Real Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- Spain Luis Enrique return handled perfectly, explains Rubiales
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City post record revenue according to report
- Tottenham Mauricio Pochettino leaves Tottenham Hotspur
- GIMNASIA LP Diego Maradona no longer manager at Gimnasia LP
- SERIE A Kluivert: De Ligt regrets picking Juventus over Barcelona
- REAL MADRID Skriniar's agent: "I can see him going to Real Madrid"