Manchester City: Spain team's foreign goal-suppliers-in-chief
Nolito's effort in Sunday's 2-0 win in Albania took City to the top of the rankings of Spain goals by players at clubs outside of LaLiga.
Nolito's strike for Spain on Sunday sealed victory over Albania - and made Manchester City the foreign club that have contributed the most goals to La Roja.
27 Spain goals by Man City players
The ex-Celta Vigo ace hit the second as Julen Lopetegui's side won 2-0 in World Cup qualifying, with his effort the 27th scored for Spain by a player on City's books.
David Silva (21), Álvaro Negredo (four) and Jesús Navas (one) are the other stars to have netted for La Selección while at the Premier League club.
City followed by Liverpool and Chelsea
Earlier in the Group G clash, Chelsea's Diego Costa had put the former world champions ahead to take his international tally to four, and increase the Blues' total to 25.
The Stamford Bridge outfit are third on the list of Spain's providers of goals from outside of LaLiga, just behind Liverpool's haul of 26.
The men on target for Spain during their time at Anfield are: Fernando Torres (12), Xabi Alonso (five), Luis García (four), Albert Riera (three) and Fernando Morientes (two).
The Spaniards who've scored as Chelsea footballers, meanwhile, are: Torres (12), Juan Mata (six), Costa (four), Cesc Fàbregas (two) and Pedro Rodríguez (one).
Spain goals by players at foreign clubs:
Man City: 27
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How and where to watch Patriots vs. Jets
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester United vs Liverpool: times, TV and how to watch online
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: why is this game called El Clásico?
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series