Griezmann: "Simeone has completely transformed me"
In an interview with Eurosport, the French striker admitted that "he needs to win titles to be linked with the likes of Messi and Cristiano".
Antoine Griezmann spoke to Eurosport where the French striker focused on his current situation with Atlético Madrid, the French national team and his possibilities of winning the Balón D'or.
The French striker feels that he is still some way from being compared to the likes of Leo Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo as to be "linked with these players I need to win titles. My aim is to help my club and the French team to go as far as they can and to improve on what we achieved last year. For the first time in my career I scored seven goals in the month of September when I normally just chalk one or two. I aim to maintain this level", claimed the 25 year old.
Griezmann added, "Barça and Real Madrid generate more headlines and each year we manage to compete well with them. Last season after 36 games we were tied on points with Barça and reached the final of the Champions League".
Simeone has been a major influence on the development of the French player since his move from Real Sociedad. Griezmann confesses that, "Simeone has completely transformed me, he motivates me and I'm delighted to have him as coach. I'm playing in a more central role and it's fascinating to learn from him and his views on the game".
Griezmann also focused on his role with the French national team and that he has put the disappointment of losing the final of Euro 2016 behind him and is now focused securing Russia World Cup 2018 qualification for "Les Bleus".
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August