Marco Asensio: Real Madrid's most lethal goalscorer
The Mallorcan midfielder has scored four goals this season, the same as Ronaldo and Bale, and finds the net every 134 minutes.
Marco Asensio has started the season at Real Madrid in fine style and is racking up the best statistics of his career so far. The 20-year-old midfielder is the side’s joint top scorer with four goals and is finding the net on average in less time per game than Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema.
Furthermore, Asensio has scored on every one of his debuts this season, in the Supercup, La Liga and the Champions League.
Asensio's career goals
Asensio’s strike rate stands at a goal every 134 minutes, a better average than Ronaldo (169’), Bale (201’) and Benzema (207’).
Best start to a season
The Mallorcan is also exceeding his stats over the past few seasons. Already in nine games in 2016-17 Asensio has scored as many goals as he did in the entire course of last season on loan at Espanyol (four goals in 3,047 minutes at an average of one every 761’. In the previous campaign at Mallorca in Segunda División he found the net six times in 2,915 minutes, hitting the net every 485’. In his debut season at Mallorca in 2013-14, Asensio scored just once in 1.197 minutes.
Asensio’s versatility is a bonus for Zinedine Zidane, who has used his midfielder in several different positions so far this season, on the right and left of midfield and as a number 10 in a 4-2-3-1.
Recommended in English
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: times, stream, how to watch it online and what to expect
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: list of nominees and the 6 GOTY contenders
- NFL LA Rams' WR Mike Williams latest to be put on covid-19 list
- EUROPA LEAGUE Have Barcelona ever played and won in the Europa League?
- GOLF When will Tiger Woods return to the PGA Tour?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Watch out for Wilson against Houston