Cristiano Ronaldo's message to Edu Ferreira, who has cancer
Portugal captain Ronaldo showed his support for Boavista player Ferreira who recently announced he has cancer.
Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo, with the Portugal national side this week, showed his support for Boavista striker Edu Ferreira, who announced this week that he has cancer.
Ronaldo signs strip for Ferreira
The Portugal official website showed this video of their national captain and Real Madrid striker Ronaldo, writing a message of support on a Portuguese strip, dedicated to the 19 year old player who is currently with Boavista, eighth in the Portuguese first division. Ronaldo said "be strong" In his message of encouragement.
Portuguese football supporting Ferreira
Since Edu Ferreira announced he was suffering from cancer, Portuguese football has rallied round the player, with his club opening a bank account in his name to collect donations.
The striker has just signed for Boavista and this is his first season in professional football. His career however is on hold until he recovers.
Boavista's management have publicly announced their unconditional support for the player, who is under contract until 2018.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands