Barcelona are set to generate a minimum income of 220 million euro plus possible bonuses (for LaLiga and Champions League wins) after the deal with Japanese electronic commerce and Internet company Rakuten was announced this morning by club president Josep Maria Bartomeu. The deal with Rakuten starts with the 2016/17 campaign and runs through to 2021.
Barça leap-frog to second
The financial aspects of the deal have not been made official by the Catalan club but are reportedly worth as much as €60 million per season if the club win La Liga and the Champions League, which would see the LaLiga giants leap from sixth position to second behind Manchester United's in the ranking of most lucrative kit sponsorship deals. The Red Devils €71m-a-season deal with Chevrolet tops the list. Barca's current Qatar Airways arrangement brings in €33.5m per season.
Top 10 kit sponsorship deals (in millions of €)
Manchester United: 71(Chevrolet)
Barça: 55 (plus variables): Rakuten
Chelsea: 55 (Yokohama Tyres)
Arsenal: 40 (Fly Emirates)
Bayern: 33 (Telekom)
Real Madrid: 32 (Fly Emirates)
PSG: 28 (Fly Emirates)
Manchester City: 27 (Etihad Airways)
Liverpool: 27 (Standard Chartered)
Tottenham: 21 (AIA)
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barrett, cases, deaths, updates today
- Champions League Borussia Monchengladbach - Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- B. MÖNCHENGLADBACH-REAL MADRID Zidane on Isco's complaints: "He wants to play"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Olympique Marseille vs Manchester City: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- US ELECTION 2020 US elections 2020: can people from Puerto Rico vote?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: will there be a new payment in November?