Barcelona are set to generate a minimum income of 220 million euro plus possible bonuses (for LaLiga and Champions League wins) after the deal with Japanese electronic commerce and Internet company Rakuten was announced this morning by club president Josep Maria Bartomeu. The deal with Rakuten starts with the 2016/17 campaign and runs through to 2021.
Barça leap-frog to second
The financial aspects of the deal have not been made official by the Catalan club but are reportedly worth as much as €60 million per season if the club win La Liga and the Champions League, which would see the LaLiga giants leap from sixth position to second behind Manchester United's in the ranking of most lucrative kit sponsorship deals. The Red Devils €71m-a-season deal with Chevrolet tops the list. Barca's current Qatar Airways arrangement brings in €33.5m per season.
Top 10 kit sponsorship deals (in millions of €)
Manchester United: 71(Chevrolet)
Barça: 55 (plus variables): Rakuten
Chelsea: 55 (Yokohama Tyres)
Arsenal: 40 (Fly Emirates)
Bayern: 33 (Telekom)
Real Madrid: 32 (Fly Emirates)
PSG: 28 (Fly Emirates)
Manchester City: 27 (Etihad Airways)
Liverpool: 27 (Standard Chartered)
Tottenham: 21 (AIA)
Te recomendamos en English
- Liga MX Pumas “We compete in this league without investing in expensive players”
- MLS David Beckham and Rodolfo Pizarro out for dinner ahead of Inter Miami’s debut
- Tennis Who is Chicharito? The question Alexander Zverev asked in Mexico
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Sterling fit for Man City-Real Madrid as Guardiola regrets Hazard loss
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Ronaldo, Georgina enjoy day with family as Cristiano Jr debuts on Instagram
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Chelsea vs Bayern Munich live!