Kompany out for up to six weeks as injury nightmare continues
The Belgian defender has had his fair share of injury problems and Manchester City and Pep Guardiola have given the 30-year-old until the end of the season to regain full fitness
Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany is set for yet another spell on the sidelines after sustaining knee ligament damage, his manager Pep Guardiola said on Friday.
"It is a ligament problem. He will be four to six weeks out," Guardiola told reporters.
British media reported that there remains a firm desire from the defender and Guardiola to try to re-establish him in the first-team and the former Barcelona manager has decided to give Kompany until the end of the season to prove his fitness.
Further injury problems
Striker Sergio Aguero is a doubt for Saturday's trip to Burnley after sustaining a foot problem in Wednesday's Champions League draw with German side Borussia Moenchengladbach.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game